What does 'cool' mean?
Cool has many meanings:
1. fairly cold: somewhat cold, usually pleasantly so
2. staying calm: staying calm or not showing emotions, especially nervousness or fear
3. fashionable: fashionable and sophisticated ( informal ): looking cool
4. unfriendly: unfriendly or unenthusiastic: They gave us a somewhat cool reception.
5. emphasizing sum of money: used to emphasize how large a sum of money is ( slang ):
a cool $3.2 million
6. excellent: used to indicate approval or admiration ( slang ): a cool idea
7. OK: used to indicate agreement or acceptance ( slang ): That's cool, no problem.
8. seeming cold: giving an impression of coldness: a cool mint green
9. keeping temperature low: made of fabric that keeps the body at a pleasant temperature when it is hot